CLICK HERE donate to our Scholarships & Grants Program. Every dollar is a step closer to Broadway!
Performing Arts Scholarships & Grants
Cultivating Creativity in our Youth
Since 2004, the Clark Center Foundation has provided over $150,000 in performing arts scholarships and grants to students and teachers in the Lucia Mar Unified School District. Many past scholarship and grant recipients have gone on to careers in the arts and have achieved significant success as performers and technicians.
We’re always looking to expand our Scholarship and Grant funding. CLICK HERE if you’d like to donate to either of these funds!
Congratulations to our 2018 Clark Center Scholarship recipients!
Bernie Kautz Memorial Scholarship
Kiyenna Ellison (attending San Diego State)
Carol & Bill Rust Scholarship
Nicholas Houchin (attending UCSB)
Clark Center Scholarship Fund Scholarships
Isabelle Gillette (attending UCLA)
Daniel Gomez (attending Cuesta College)
Dylan Krebs (attending the Actor Training Program at PCPA)
Trevor Quezada (currently undecided)
Jude Walker (attending the Actor Training Program at PCPA)
Nicholas Lee (attending Cuesta College)
Melick and Arlene Mendel Performing Arts Scholarship
Yumin Park (attending Cal Poly then transferring to Berklee College of Music)
Chloe Wasil (attending UC Davis)
Press release & photo coming soon!
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
1. Must be a high school senior residing in the Lucia Mar Unified School District area.
2. Must be planning to continue your education in the field of performing arts.
3. Must have a minimum of 2.0 grade point average and meet all graduation requirements.
4. Must attach a Student Data Printout with picture, Transcript of Student Progress, and a video clip, as follows: 1-3 minutes long; identify yourself at the beginning; CD, DVD, smart phone, or flash drive. If smart phone used, please film horizontally.
5. Live audition required for final selection.
Applications will be available in the fall of 2018.
Performing Arts Grants
The Clark Center has $5,000.00 in teacher grant funding and $2,000 in student grant funding available for the 2018-2019 school year to provide support to teachers or young students in the performing arts who reside in the Lucia Mar Unified School District area. Funds may be used for up to 50% of costs for purchase of instruments and lessons, support of drama, music, and dance projects, or attendance at special clinics or summer programs in California. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 30, 2018.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your school guidance counselor; click here to email our Development Coordinator, MIranda Ontiveros; or call our business office at (805) 489-4196 x204.