Performing Arts Scholarships & Grants
Cultivating Creativity in our Youth
Since 2004, the Clark Center Foundation has provided over $150,000 in performing arts scholarships and grants to students and teachers in the Lucia Mar Unified School District. Many past scholarship and grant recipients have gone on to careers in the arts and have achieved significant success as performers and technicians.
Scholarships (Spring 2017)
Bernie Kautz Memorial Performing Arts Scholarship
Jim O. Miller Performing Arts Scholarship
Melick and Arlene Mendel Performing Arts Scholarship
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
1. Must be a high school senior residing in the Lucia Mar Unified School District area.
2. Must be planning to continue your education in the field of performing arts.
3. Must have a minimum of 2.0 grade point average and meet all graduation requirements.
4. Must attach a Student Data Printout with picture, Transcript of Student Progress, and a video clip, as follows: 1-3 minutes long; identify yourself at the beginning; CD, DVD, smart phone, or flash drive. If smart phone used, please film horizontally.
5. For final selection, audition required. The scholarship amount will be determined at time of audition.
Applications are due by Friday, March 17, 2017
Performing Arts Grants (Fall 2016)
The Clark Center Foundation (through the Mendel Endowment) has made available $5,000 in grant funding for the 2016-17 school year to provide support to teachers or young students in the performing arts who reside in the Lucia Mar Unified School District area. Funds may be used for up to 50% of costs for purchase of instruments and lessons, support of drama, music, and dance projects, or attendance at special clinics or summer programs in California. Applications are due by October 16, 2016.
Look for 2017 information in the summer.
For any questions or concerns, please contact your school guidance counselor or click here to contact the Foundation.